Wednesday 6 June 2018

Showcase Me!: Flesh-eater Courts

Stars, hide your fires!
Let not light see my black
and deep desires.
- Macbeth

    Hello friends! Today I'm here to share with you a full army in showcase: Flesh-eater Courts! They are the first project I fully did with an airbrush, and I'm quite pleased with how they have turned out. I was inspired by one of my favourite miniatures painting studios of all time, Thirdeyenuke, and I tried to reproduce, in my limited experience, their sharp style adding something from my own. The painting scheme plays on a vivid dark/light contrast, acting as a metaphor of their tormented souls too. 
    I have to say that I started painting them in a more orthodox way when, completely out of the blue, I changed my mind and decided to put my airbrush skill to the test, making everything that way.
   I can't conceal that I did the whole thing in a very short time because of the desire to deploy it on the field as soon as possible, and that I paid less attention than usual (especially when I reached 80 ghouls done) in the painting process but the result, in its entirety, was very satisfying.
    Have a look at my Flesh-eater Courts ghouls tutorial to have an idea of how they were made.
    Now... straight on to the whole showcased army!

King Loceruve on Ambarwalme











I use this kitbash, "Isobel" or "Granny", as a Ghoul Queen on foot or as a Ghast Courtier.



This one, "Tancrede", is my selfmade Varghulf.






Another Ghast, "Abara".





   Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more about them... background stories and a dedicated post about that many kitbashes!

No comments:

Post a Comment